Air Bud: Golden Receiver is a 1998 family comedy film released by Walt Disney Pictures.
It is the first in a line of sequels to the original Air Bud film. In the United States, it was given a theatrical release, with the following sequels being given direct-to-video releases.
Insert details here.
- Jackie Framm
- Patrick Sullivan (first appearance)
- Coach Jimmy Fanelli (single appearance)
- Tom Stewart
- Ms. Salter (single appearance)
- Fred Davies (single appearance)
- Phil Phil (single appearance)
- Andrea Framm
- Blue Edwards (single appearance)Template:Cameo
- Warren Moon (single appearance)Template:Cameo
- Joey Galloway (single appearance)Template:Cameo
- Mortimer (single appearance)(no lines)
- Tammy (single appearance)
- Herb (single appearance)
- Richard (single appearance)
- Dolly Llama (single appearance)(no lines)
- Cole Powers (single appearance)
- Goose (single appearance)
- Weeble (single appearance)
- J.D. (single appearance)
- Oliver (single appearance)
- Juan (single appearance)
- Pudge (single appearance)(no lines)
- Moscow, Russia Template:Mentioned
- Basketball stadium
- Cascade Stadium
- Football stadium
- Train station
|Kevin Zegers||Josh Framm|
|Cynthia Stevenson||Jackie Framm|
|Gregory Harrison||Patrick Sullivan|
|Robert Costanzo||Coach Jimmy Fanelli|
|Shayn Solberg||Tom Stewart|
|Suzanne Ristic||Ms. Salter|
|Alyson MacLaren||Andrea Framm|
|Cory Fry||Cole Powers|
|Marcus Turner||Tacoma Giants quarterback|
| Jay Brazeau|
Frank C. Turner
|Richard Martin||Guy in stands|
|Julio Caravetta||Tacoma Giants coach|
|Monica Marko||Lady with broom|
|Simon Isherwood||Rams coach|
|John Keelan||Ice cream boy|
|Tim Conway||Fred Davies|
|Dick Martin||Phil Phil|
|"One Moment"||Music and lyrics by Brahm Wenger||Melinda Myers|
- Being an immediate sequel to the original, there's nothing much that needs connecting, although there are certain notable references:
- At the time of the first film's release, Keystone Entertainment had no plans to make a sequel, mostly because one of Air Buddy's legs had been amputated. His owner, Kevin DiCicco, wasn't happy with not making any money off the film, so he started his own company and planned to make his own sequel called Air Bud: The Next Generation. Buddy would also pass away between the two films, with the eventual sequel from Keystone starring Rush, Chase, and Zak; the former two were stand-ins for the real Buddy in the previous film.
- Richard Martin, the director of this film, was second unit director of the previous film.
- Having the principal in this film be called Ms. Salter indirectly references Ms. Pepper, the principal in the previous film.
- Martin's father, Dick Martin, plays Phil Phil.
- Before the animals break free, Popov watches Gus, a 1976 Disney film, with a fairly similar theme. It also stars Tim Conway and Don Knotts (although they don't share any scenes together).
- USA: Air Bud: Golden Receiver VHS released on December 18, 1998.
- USA: Air Bud: Golden Receiver DVD released on December 12, 2000.
- USA: Air Bud: Golden Receiver: Special Edition DVD released on February 2, 2010.